Yes it’s that time of year again, tonight is the Late Late Toy Show and tomorrow is the first of December, so the C-word ban is officially lifted!
So now we start to worry about presents, yes, we can worry about which beauty voucher to pamper our Mam with, or whether to buy Old Spice for Dad, again, but the big worry this time of year is…
The Boyfriend Bronntanas!
This is a worry for anyone with a boyfriend. They come in the form of:
- Have a spent too little / too much
- Am I putting too much / not enough effort into thought, and the best one……
- What do I get the boy that has EVERYTHING?
So, unlike other websites you might see, I am not going to list presents that are available, but merely give a
“Girl Guide to Boyfriend Bronntanas”
1. Consider how long you have been together, a few months or a few years…..
It does make a difference, especially on money to spend and effort to put in. Don’t frighten him off your two month relationship with a trip to Tiffanys in New York *hint, hint*
2. How much CAN you spend?
Don’t start sharpening the knife for you poor piggy bank just yet. A really thought out gift is better than an expensive one that shows no thought is in it.
3. What does he like?
Whether he’s GAA mad or all about video games, you need to know something he is interested in. I suggest making a list of all the things he likes to do, or maybe places he has talked about, food he likes. A brain map of sorts, let’s pretend I’m seeing Ryan Gosling (a girl can dream!)
As I was daydreaming about Ryan, and making up all the things he supposedly likes, I had plenty of ideas about what to get him, make for him, do for him.
Can you think of any for me?
1. Trip to Belfast with one of his favourite foods thrown in, Sushi for example.
2. Make his favorite food 9 a voucher for a Greek Night, he gets to be Caesar or Spartacus...you get my drift...toga toga )and buy him Bruce Springsteen tickets.
2. Tickets to a Metallica concert, or a tribute band, if they’re not playing somewhere soon, and an overnight stay.
3. A new football jersey/hoodie, and a cd. (A safe option, I know, but sometimes the best)
Now, you are probably thinking, these are useless, MY boyfriend would not like any of these presents!
Because YOU know your boyfriend and if you use these steps, and a little creativity, you should be able to come up with a present that he will love, and love you for!
If all else fails, here are some tips to get you through:
TIP 1: I always have more than one present, even if it’s only small. It can redeem you if you make a mistake….believe me
TIP 2: You can spice it up a bit by putting in a “Personal Voucher Book”, a very easy thing to print up on a computer (just don’t let anyone else find it), and you can make that as “ahem” personal as you like, plus it costs nothing.
TIP 3: Make it personal, vouchers on their own are generally not a good idea, they are too vague. (Yes, we know he likes clothes)
I think that’s it girlies, so sit back and enjoy the tradition of the Late Late Toy Show, knowing that your Boyfriend Brontannas is in the bag JIf you have any questions or comments, drop me a mail, or post them below :)