As a great Summer now moves into Autumn, the shops are full of Summer merchandise on sale. And as I trawl among the floral dresses and floaty Summer skirts, the thoughts of Winter are on my mind (unfortunately) But don’t despair ladies, there are plenty of ways snap up a Summer bargain to use for your Winter style in Winter, providing you follow these 5 golden rules.
1. Think layers. Denim shorts and skater skirts can be worn with leggings and converse for a colder days, as the Rebel look is still on trend for Winter. Cue more over the top studded leather bracelets and tartan accessories.
2. Maxis can still be worn in Winter. This could be a more difficult trend to carry off, but as long as it’s not a Summer colour or floral, you can rock it with shoe boots, a long sleeve top and a cardigan. P.S. Don’t forget your beanie, to really hit the fashion nail on the head!
http://fashblogger.polyvore.com/ ( follow me :) )
3. Watch this colour. Navy is the main colour this season with Burgundies and Reds, Purple, and 40 Shades of Green close behind. Look out for these colours in sale items, especially in skater skirts and flowing tops to pair with skinny jeans and shoe-boots.
4. Precious metals and gleaming gemstones. Embellishments and metallic are continuing into the cold times to come. Keep an eye out for glittering golds and all things adorned. You can bet that one of your favourite Summer dresses can be rocked with tights and boots instead of bare legs and sandals.
5. Mad for midis. The midi skirt is still going strong for Winter, this calf level beaut is a fashionista’s best friend this winter. Team with a pair of pointy pumps or even these dainty front bow booties from Penneys, a steal for €15!
And that’s all folks, a quick spring from Summer to Winter! The main rule is to steer clear of long floaty and bright and white florals as they are strictly Summerwear. A top sty-lusts tip is bring a pair of black tights and winter boots with you and try them on in the shop to see what they are like together.
Enjoy your last days of Summer…..